Wednesday, January 20, 2010

AIR Space and Chicken Legs




I am currently an artist in the AIR (Artist in Residence) program and this is a picture of the basement under Renewal where I share space with another artist, Erik Sande.

The space is big enough for both of us to to have junk all over the place, so that is excellent. I have this large piece that I have been wanting to paint for so long! I just have such a small studio in my house and so much junk that it seemed way to cramped to even start.

So now I have started and it's not as intimidating when the room you are working in is 20 bigger than one you usually work in. The painting is called Chicken Legs and it's kind of a piece in homage to summertime, bicycle riding and pet chickens. All the good things in life.
I'm heading back to paint in a couple of days so I will take pics and show you my progress.
Ciao!



























































1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kristy, I found your blog! Thanks so much for inviting us to come create with you on Tues. It was lots of fun and I love "Chicken Legs"
    pam
    http://pammcknight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete